Building a custom dock is like having your own designated parking spot for your car. You can dock your boat at any time, at your convenience, and never have to worry about jockeying for position. Besides the ability to conveniently dock your boat, one of the key reasons behind building a custom dock is so that you can participate in all types of water-related activities. In addition, having your own custom dock also increases the value of your home. No matter why you want a custom dock, it is important to get professionals to do the job if you want it done right. There are many DIY dock kits on the market, but they often do not match up to the quality and aesthetics of a custom dock installed by a pro.
Reasons For Building a Custom Dock
- Safeguarding your boat: At the marina, boats can get damaged, vandalized, or–on rare occasions–stolen. However, if you have your own custom dock, you can protect and secure it. Having your vessel on your private property is an added layer of protection. In addition, you can check up on the vessel at any time. As a bonus, with good security, having it on your property can actually lower your boat insurance cost.
- Immediate access to the water: When you have your own custom dock, you can go in and out as you please at any time. If your boat is at the marina, first you have to drive there, then potentially have to wait for the boat traffic to subside before you can really get out on the water. Building your own custom dock offers a great deal of convenience and saves time and money.
- Can be built quickly: If you let the professionals build your custom dock, all you do is sit back and relax. The amount of time it takes to build a custom dock depends on the size and complexity, but, in most cases, it does not take long.
- No crowds: One other advantage of having your own custom dock is that you will not have to deal with crowds. This also means that during weekends, and holidays, you can access your custom dock at any time without having to worry about large crowds and noise.
- More fun: When you have your own custom dock, you can create space for entertaining, lounging, or simply tanning. This is often not possible at a commercial dock where there are often many other people in a small space. With your custom dock, you can make what you want of it.
- Enhance the value of your home: Custom docks are a tangible asset that can significantly add value to your waterfront home. Just like the addition of a swimming pool or a renovated kitchen increase the home value, so does a custom dock. Especially if the dock was clearly built custom for your space. The more accessories and upgrades you have, the higher the value. If you decide to sell your home down the road, the dock might even end up paying for itself.
- Save time: When you have your own custom dock, not only do you save time, but you save money. Consider how much time is wasted by traveling to a commercial dock every time you want to use your boat. Building a custom dock saves you enormous amounts of commuting time and gas.
- Better lifestyle: When you rent space on a commercial dock, you often have to stick to the hours that the marina is open. But if you have your own custom dock right in front of your home, it can change your entire lifestyle. You can do all types of water-related activities when you want without spending extra money.
- Add accessories: When you have your own custom residential dock, you can add all the bells and whistles, including the following:
- Built-in storage
- Jet Ski dock
- Kayak Launch
- Swim ladder
- Anti-slip surface
- Umbrella or shading
Building a custom dock allows a great deal of independence compared to a dock at the marina. It is on your property, and you are at liberty to do with it what you want. If you are considering a custom residential dock, talk to one of the Dock Specialists at AccuDock. We have been in the business of dock construction for decades and can answer all your questions. Call today at 954-785-7557. A custom dock can change the quality of your life for the better.