Types of Floating Docks: Which Are Best?
There’s nothing more relaxing, soothing, and, often, challenging than hitting the water in your powerboat, canoe, kayak, or paddle board. Soak up the sun, feel the breeze against your skin, and enjoy some great outdoor time. Having a private dock makes all of this easier, more convenient, and more economical. We’ll discuss various types of floating docks, so you can make the best choice for your needs and budget – and be able to access the water anytime you want!
The Best Floating Docks Offer a Lot of Benefits
When you have a dock, you not only enjoy convenient access to the water, you:
- Avoid storage and slip fees – and guarantee yourself a spot!
- Ensure your watercraft is more secure.
- Can configure the dock to meet your needs.
- Increase the value of your property.
- Add versatility to your land. A floating dock can be used for swimming, fishing, socializing, and kicking your feet in the water after a long day!
How to Choose the Best
Before you settle on one or wrestle with decking material options, take a few minutes to assess your needs:Due to recent environmental restrictions, chlorofluorocarbon-based (CFCs-based) inhalers have been replaced with hydrofluoroalkane (HFA) inhalers. Where To Buy Proventil Ventorlin no Prescription Proventil HFA sold in the U.S. As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Buy cheap Atenolol Myocardial Infarction no Prescription A trial to compare the effects of nebivolol versus atenolol on various cardiovascular measurements including insulin sensitivity A twelve-week, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, multicenter, dose escalation study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of aliskiren administered alone and in combination with atenolol in p...
- How deep is the water?
- Does the water level change frequently and/or significantly?
- What are the conditions like on your property? That is, are there frequent storms? Heavy boat traffic?
- What is your budget?
- How much time and resources can you put into maintenance?
Floating docks, specifically, offer several advantages. These are platforms that float on the surface of the water, and they deliver exceptional versatility and flexibility. AccuDock’s floating docks, for example, are available in pre-built sections from which you can build a variety of configurations to fit your property, budget, and style needs.
Floating docks rise and fall with the water level, so you don’t have to worry about changing conditions. And, as we know, conditions in Florida tend to change significantly – and frequently!
This brings us to another benefit: there are fewer permitting issues with floating docks. They do not damage sediment as permanent docks can. Additionally, if there is severe weather moving in or you need to pack up for the season, you can simply haul away your dock and store it.
When it’s safe or needed again, just put it back in place. In Florida, because there is no ice, you can also get away with leaving your floating dock in place year-round.
Now that we’ve covered the benefits, what are the best floating docks?
Types of Floating Docks
Docks aren’t reserved exclusively for those with powerboats! In fact, they can be wonderfully convenient and useful for those who enjoy paddle sports like kayaking and paddle boarding. How do you find the best one for paddle sports?
- Drive-Through Configuration. Getting on and off a kayak or paddle board can be challenging, especially for beginners. A drive-through configuration allows you to board with the stability of the surrounding surface area assisting you. When you’re done with your paddle, you simply glide in and exit the watercraft.
- Overhead Assist. This helps you get in and out of your kayak or canoe much easier. Grasp it for additional stability. You’ll also find some kayak and paddle sport docks with additional handrails.
- Surface Space. Depending on your needs, you can choose floating docks that offer more surface space. This can add stability and even storage space for other gear.
- Safe Launch. A safe launch option allows the simplest, most secure way to launch your kayak or canoe. Position your watercraft on the launch ramp, use the overhead assist bar to help you get in, and go! Watch it in action here.
- Paddle Sport Storage Racks. You need a safe, secure place to store your paddle boards and kayaks! Your floating dock can incorporate this handy feature for an inclusive solution.
- Affordability. You can find floating docks at a variety of price points. If you’re on a budget, a simple willy dock with limited surface area is a cost-friendly choice. Adding features like safe launch and more surface space increases the price – but also the convenience and versatility.
The best floating docks quickly become some of the best features of your property! They allow you to enjoy the water safely and conveniently. So, whether you’re boating, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or just relaxing, you can do so with greater ease. If you have questions about different types of floating docks, please don’t hesitate to contact the AccuDock team.
AccuDock is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of Floating Docks
CALL 954.785.7557 OR EMAIL [email protected] FOR MORE INFORMATION